- An anti-lockdown protest in Sydney over the weekend contains a “real risk” of becoming a super-spreader event according to Deakin University epidemiologist Professor Catherine Bennett.
- At least 3,500 protesters who marched through Sydney’s CBD on Saturday failed to observe physical distancing or wear masks
- Three influential Aboriginal organisations in the Northern Territory have written to the Chief Minister and the Chief Health Officer calling on them to declare the whole state of New South Wales a COVID-19 hotspot.
- In other Territory covid news seventeen people were moved from the Alice Springs quarantine facility into their own homes yesterday afternoon… the first time self-quarantine has been allowed for hotspot travellers since mandatory, supervised quarantine was introduced in the NT in July last year.
- Australia has moved up into fourth place on the Olympic medal count after Ariarne Titmus stunned American superstar Kate Ledecky to win gold in the 400m freestyle.
Ledecky, a five-time Olympic champion, has never ever lost an individual event at a Games but Titmus now sits on the throne as the undisputed queen of middle distance swimming.